Animal Control


Gail Spring
Stowell Building
19 South Main Street
New Salem, MA 01355
Phone: 978-544-7530

M-F: 8AM - 8PM
24/7 Emergencies Only

Recent Updates

Animal Control FAQs

How do I report a lost or found animal?

To report a found or missing animal, please call 978-544-7530. Please leave your name, phone number and description of the animal and we will get back to you as soon as possible. You can also visit the New Salem Dog Pound's Facebook page for updates on newly found animals.

Is it okay to feed the wildlife?

No, please do not feed wildlife! There are a myriad of reported bear issues (they like bird feeders and trash). It is illegal to trap and move wildlife to a different location (even for us). If there is a problem with nuisance wildlife, please call the Massachusetts Environmental Police. The 7-day, emergency statewide dispatch phone number is 1-800-632-8075.

Town of New Salem

Municipal Offices

Stowell Building
19 S. Main Street
New Salem, MA 01355

Town Hall Annex
24 S. Main Street
New Salem, MA 01355

New Salem Broadband

Upcoming Events

There are no upcoming events.

Post Categories